To rise early can he a humongous task for anyone who has been waking up late for most of their life. But as it’s said:
Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise— Ben Franklin
How to Become an Early Riser
- You do not need to make any drastic changes to your life. Start slowly by just waking up 15-20 minutes earlier than usual. The gradually decrease your waking up time until you reach your goal.
- To wake up earlier, you also need to sleep early. Most people are used to sleep late, surfing the web and watching videos or TV. Even if you might not feel sleepy, get to the bed, and read something. You will be sleeping faster than you think.
- Put the alarm clock far from the bed, so that you won’t get the chance to hit snooze or shut it off. If you have to get off the bed to reach the alarm clock, then there is more chance to wake up completely.
- Also, as soon as you get off from the bed, do not get back to it. Get out of the bedroom as soon as possible. Once you are out, you would be awake enough to start the day.
- Do not try to rationalise the brain to let you sleep. Set some important activities for the morning, which will motivate/force you to get up early and not go back to bed.
- Wake up early with a major goal for the extra time. If you wake up and do nothing, you will again go back to waking up late. You can start the day with meditating, exercising, reading, or anything else that you like.
Now that we know how we can push ourselves to wake up early. let’s see a few benefits:
Greeting the Morning Sun
It feels good to wake up early and be able to greet a wonderful new day. Better to have a morning ritual. Be thankful to have a gotten a new day. Be happy to be alive. Use all the energies to make life better, for self as well as others.
Amazing Start of Day
We are very much acquainted with the lifestyle to get up late, run through the daily routine, and start work grumpy. What if we start the day by waking up early? Then we get to complete a lot of things by the 8’o clock. And then finish off everything else and get to work in a happy mood.
Watching the Sunrise
People waking up late miss one of the greatest beauties of nature – sunrise. Rise early and you can take a look at the sky when it turns from dark to crimson to blue. It shows the painting of nature with incredible colours. This gives a great start to the day.
Breakfast is one of the most important meal of the day. But when we wake up late, the breakfast is the first thing that gets skipped. Eating breakfast with a book or newspaper in hand, and a quiet atmosphere is the best start of the day one can have.
Waking up early gives enough time to do some exercises. The exercise need not be heavy weight, but simple stretching and flexing can go a long way. This keeps the mind and body refreshed, and also helps live a long life.
Mornings are the most productive time of the day. When you rise early, do things that are important in the morning, rather than doing mundane tasks. This will help achieve a lot of things throughout the day, and will open time in the evening to spend with family.
Read more on lifestyle here.